Saturday, August 14, 2010

My take on Laura Denison's "Life's A Picnic" mini album

Hi, everyone!
This project is an original Laura Denison design.  I love this project.  It was so much fun!  The most interesting thing about this is that it is actually a mini album!!  The lid of the picnic basket forms a portion of the mini album cover.  Laura used gingham fabric for her cover and trim but since I live in the "sticks" and don't have access to fabric, I used bandanas instead.  I called my mini "A Taste of Summer" and did my inside pages differently.  Laura created a barbecue grill with hotdogs and other picnic-type pages.  I did my inside pages in a summer theme so that it could be used for all those summer funtime pictures.  The pattern for this project, if you would like to make one of your own, is available at:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/followthepapertrail   To see more of Laura's designs, check out: http://www.followingthepapertrail.blogspot.com/.  Hope you like it!!  I love comments!!!

EDITED TO ADD:  I've had some questions about the picnic basket itself.  It is part of the project and is made of chipboard and woven kraft cardstock, inked with distress inks.

Hugs!
Linda




7 comments:

  1. Your basket turned out beautiful! Don't you just love Laura's ideas? Great job! Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow!! This is adorable!!! Your's turned out beautiful!! I've got to make one of these (if I can figure it out I'm pretty blonde when it comes to stuff like this!!!) If by chance you have her esty link I sure would appreciate it. I couldn't find it on her blog but she said the directions could be purchased there. I just didn't see it unless I overlooked. Thanks for sharing this I love, love LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!! I have to check out the site you said, I have never heard of her before..where have I been living?? Under a rock?? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab job Linda. This is just to stinkin' cute! Thanks for sharing, I will be making mine as soon as my room is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!! thanks for the link from paperphenomenon!!! you have a wonderful blog! wish i knew how to use mine so well. can't wait to see what you come up with next!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you have pics of your inside pages to the picnic book?

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME this is on my to do list as well....you do beautiful work!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete