Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I'm SOOOO bummed and angry!!!

Ok, maybe this isn't a big deal, however, I made so many wonderful memories with my great-grandson and the fairy house I built, so I brought it home and set it up under my coastal redwood tree in the front yard.  Branches come down really low and I thought it would be perfectly safe under there.  WRONG!!!  I took my dad back for his post-surgery follow-up today and came home to bits and pieces of it all over the street where it had been getting run over all day.  Apparently, some punk kid on his way to school just couldn't resist smashing it to bits in the street.  Had no monetary value, but it was sure precious to my sweet Chase and I!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your fairy house. Kids! I'm so glad you got pictures for memories. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little fairy house had so inspired me that I wrangled My Guy into helping me to create a couple of similar gnome homes for friends' little ones.

    The idea is so special and sweet that I feel no guilt or worry of overstatement when I say, "!*&^%$#@."

    And, I'm sorry. While we all know that our happy memories ARE the important part, it doesn't mean that no part of the memory is marred by these annoying, unnecessary antics.

    I'm sorry again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about your fairy house. Bug Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness! I am so sorry! The lack of respect taught to so many kids these days is a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my!! Can't believe that. All the work you put into something and then a little jerk just crushes in in seconds. Would be nice if you could find out who.

    ReplyDelete