Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A REALLY bad morning!!!

I hate to post anything negative, but I'm so upset I have to vent somewhere.  Several years ago, my dear husband upgraded my wedding ring to a glorious ring that I just love.  This morning, as I was running errands, I looked at my ring and .....GASP--the center stone is GONE!  It was a beautiful, substantial marquis stone.  The post, prongs, stone, everything, gone, just a hole in the band where the post used to attach.  I'm just sick about it.  I've retraced my steps and can't find it anywhere.  Those of you who are so inclined, please pray that I can find this.  It has real sentimental value to me!!

4 comments:

  1. Will keep you in my thoughts. I know I'd be sick if this happened to me. Hope you let any sales people where you shopped, etc., know how to reach you. When I worked in retail, things would turn up weeks after someone lost them under racks, sometimes dropping from between clothing they had browsed through, but the person wouldn't leave info for us to get it back to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayer is a given. I will keep you in mine. Also, this happened to me on my first anniversary on Christmas eve. I took it to the jeweler who said since the entire setting was gone it was a defect and they replaced it in its entirety. If not, your homeowners might also cover. I am sorry for your loss. I know how it feels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only insured against theft. We got the stone replaced. (not an expense I wanted right here at Christmas!) We are getting the appraisal for our insurance so we can list it on our policy. Don't want to go through this again!! Thanks for the prayers! DH knew how upset I was and made arrangements the next day to have the diamond replaced. I'm SOOOOO blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's the feeling in the pit of your belly that can't be easily erased and the replacement will always be a reminder but having an understanding husband will help heal those emotional scars! my prayers go to g
    God's ears for you.

    ReplyDelete