Saturday, May 8, 2010

SSPT Victorian Challenge project!!

I am happy to report that the SSPT Design team is up and running again!!!  WOOHOO!!!  Health issues have prevented us from creating for a bit, but we are back in style!!!

Our challenge, issued by Miss Lacy, was to create something with a Victorian theme.  I recently purchased an embossing powder tin from T!m Holtz.  The box it came in was just too cool to toss, so I upcycled it.  First, I painted it with my ColorArtz airbrush system in cranberry to match my cardstock because I wanted all the edges and corners to match my paper.  Then I cut and applied cranberry cardstock to the box.  I then cut the Cameo from the Heritage Cricut cartridge, once in chipboard and once in black cardstock, misted it with Pearl and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist, then applied 3 coats of Utee.  I created her pearl jewelry using my Pearl Pen from Viva Decor.  I wrapped the box with 1" strips of black cardstock, then applied some gimp lace, topped off with flat-backed pearl trim.  The two lace pieces were misted with Red Velvet Glimmer mist in a method that creates an ombre effect.  I then added a satin flower created using my heat gun, some feathers and black pearl bling.  I plan to use this box to store greeting cards.  Thanks for visiting my blog today!  I love comments!!!  Check back soon!  I have another great give-away in the works!!!

Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is just absolutely gorgeous. I love everything you did to it. WOW..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the cameo. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete